2017 Corporate Wellness Award - The Lemoine Company
2017 T-shirt Design Contest (2018 Race Artwork) - The Lemoine Company
2017 Cook-Off Challenge - 1st Place: Marrero, Couvillion & Associates (MCA) 2nd Place: LOS MONOS 3rd Place: BASF
2017 A Rose by Any Other Name Award - "PLACID GIVES YOU GAS" -- PLACID
The race starts at 9am! Be there early for a pre-race warm-up. The Providence Corporate Cup Run/Walk includes thousands of athletes participating as individuals or teams on a 3.1 mile course. Many companies have on-site tent locations for its employees, business associates, and friends. Proceeds from the race will be donated to the Big Buddy Program and the Mid City Redevelopment Alliance.
Race bibs with timing chips is REQUIRED for scoring. Bibs are assigned to all registered runners and can be found in the race packets, which can be picked up during packet pickup. If all members of a team do not have bibs, then the member without a bib will not be scored for the team.
Packet pick-up will be March 22nd & 23rd at Mid City Redevelopment Alliance. The address is 419 N 19th Street, Baton Rouge, LA 70802. Please enter the warehouse on 18th Street on the side of the building. Cars will be directed to drive-thru to exit onto 19th Street.
If you have a tent, you can enter the Providence Corporate Cup Cook-Off Challenge! Simply check the participation box on your tent request form or let the operations tent on race day know you want to participate. Judges will be from Big Buddy and Mid City Redevelopment Alliance-- they'll announce their presence while at your tent.
Guidelines for chefs:
- Cooking cannot begin on the grounds any earlier than 6 a.m.
- Any flames/fires/grills must have a fire extinguisher nearby
- BBQ Pits are not allowed! However, propane cookers and pots are acceptable
- Company name must be prominently displayed
- Food must be ready for tasting by 10 am
- The cooking area must be cleaned and all food debris properly disposed of at the end of the race
- Points will be awarded for preparing a healthy dish or incorporating/substituting healthy ingredients
- Judges will be Sam Sanders with Mid City Redevelopment Alliance and Gaylynne Mack with Big Buddy-- look for them on race day!
Awards and Scoring
Each runner receives a Providence Corporate Cup T-shirt and race bib with number. Awards will be presented at the post-race party. In addition to the coveted Corporate Wellness Award, other categories include:
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place - all Company Team Divisions
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place - Fun Teams
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place - the Open Division (Individuals) Male/Female
- Winner - Overall Fastest Time
- Winner - Overall Male/Female of all Providence Corporate Cup Teams
- Winner - Male/Female Masters (40+ years)
- Winner - Male/Female Grand Masters (50+ years)
- Winner - Male/Female Seniors (60+ years)
- Winner - T-shirt Design Competition
- Winner - A Rose By Any Other Name for best team name
2017 RESULTS: CLICK HERE!PREVIOUS YEARS RESULTS: